Saturday, January 23, 2016

Best of 2015 Nature Observations

Yes, I know that it is actually the end of January 2016, and that the time of end-of-year retrospectives has come to an end for 2015- but I've been busy.  Give a girl a break. 

2015 was a darn good year for me for nature observations.  I was able to spend a lot of time on the trails, and got some great observations and some good pictures with my trusty iPhone 5.  One of these days I plan to get a "real camera", but something about the challenge of getting a picture of a dragonfly or a butterfly with a phone appeals to me.

Below are some of my favorites from 2015.  It was hard to pick, because while I was looking back I realized just how much I'd been able to observe and capture with my phone.  It's hard to pick out my #1 favorite- but I'm partial to the chocolate tube slime mold (stemonitis splendens).  However, the common green darner (Anax junius) is a close second.

Auricularia/Jelly ear fungus
Gray Hairstreak
Broad-headed skink
Crawfish
Chocolate tube slime mold

Basketflower
Common Green Darner
Green lynx spider




No comments:

Post a Comment