Thursday, September 14, 2017

Tattered Wings

Lately, as I take my nature walks, I've become fascinated by the imperfect, the worn out, the torn, the tattered.  It's tempting, when trying to photograph nature, to look for the bold, the perfect, the stunning, the bright and brand new- but those tattered wings are telling a story.  What that story might be is up to the observer's imagination; I often envision close encounters with a bird's beak. 

As I get older, sometimes I feel a little tattered and I definitely have my imperfections- so perhaps it's that I can relate to these once-bright creatures, now faded and with tattered wings.

I can assure you, however, that each of these creatures was still able to fly just fine.


Red Admiral

Hackberry Emperor

Widow Skimmer

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail

Queen butterfly

Painted Lady
 

No comments:

Post a Comment