Friday, May 6, 2016

Kid Cards Rule

The Mom of No loves homemade kid cards.  My offspring are both clever individuals, in my unbiased and objective opinion, and I've taken to keeping their cards at work just because I enjoy looking at them from time to time, especially if I'm having a frustrating day.

Last year, I got this from the teenager:



You may be wondering what fungi have to do with Mother's Day, and the answer is, probably nothing- an organism that reproduces by spore dispersal doesn't really bring motherhood to mind.  However, the teenager knows that I love fungi, so she spent hours researching interesting fungi around the world, and made me a card/guide for Mother's Day, complete with artwork.  The time and the work, that is the gift.  I plan to keep it forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment