Friday, September 25, 2015

Bad iPhone Nature Photography Friday



Bobcat (Lynx rufus)

The Mom of No and her son had a small adventure while out for an evening hike at the local nature preserve.  I promised you some bad iPhone photography and I continue to deliver on that promise, but I think you can still see this critter.

I've been hiking out in this area for years, and this is the first time I have seen a bobcat.  I've also seen two alligators, and I did get a bad iPhone shot of them too. 

My son was beyond excited when he saw the bobcat.  At first he thought it was a tiger.  Then he wanted me to make sure that I e-mailed the picture to his teacher, so that she would believe him when he told her that he saw a bobcat. 

The bobcat didn't seem too concerned about our presence- he was meandering down the trail, doing his bobcat thing, just kind of hanging out.  After he realized we were there, he turned and went off into the brush, and then after a few minutes, he headed off into the trees and we lost sight of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment